Latitude48 Translations is a boutique translation agency headquartered just south of the 48th Parallel in Kirkland, Washington USA (Seattle area) concentrating in the translation of general business, personal documentation, legal and financial materials in 100 languages. We have an additional office on the US East Coast near Boston, Massachusetts.
The mission of Laitude48 is this: We believe in building solid relationships with both clients and employees that grow and flourish over time. We believe in offering the highest quality services at the most competitive price. We believe a client should never wait in line for responsive, consistent, and proactive project management. We believe that proven industry specialization is priceless. Latitude48 works for you. We help you navigate the world languages.
We thank you in advance for your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.
In house positions
There are no openings at this time.
Freelance Translator Positions
We welcome the opportunity to work with outstanding professional translators and are currently recruiting for all language combinations. To qualify for freelance translation assignments, you must have excellent native language proficiency, near-native ability in your source languages, and expertise in an area outside of the language pair itself, for example legal terminology. All of the translators we work with must be computer literate and accessible through fax and e-mail.
The following qualifications are required:
• Bachelor or Master of Arts degree in Translation; degree in a subject additional to Translation preferred
• At least three years experience as full-time freelance translator
• ATA-accreditation in your language pair, if offered, or professional certification by your respective government (if outside the U.S.)
• Computer literacy, including the use of CAT tools
• Subject specialization, particularly in the legal field
• Strong references that can attest to your record of timely project deliveries and quality of work
If you meet the requirements for translators and editors, please send a recent resume and a short sample of your best work electronically to email@example.com. Your sample must include both source and target texts. We accept electronic copies only. If you have the qualifications we are seeking, we will contact you on further steps to join our successful translation team.